Nvidia is about to launch a GTX Titan X Collector's Edition graphics card

Greg S

Even though the GTX 1070 Ti just launched, it will not be the last Pascal GPU from Nvidia. In a tweet from Nvidia's GeForce division, a teaser clip has been shared. Although there is no accompanying information, it is discernible that the graphics card displayed has Titan X Collector's Edition emblazoned on the shroud.

While many of us have been left scratching our heads as to who exactly should buy the GTX 1070 Ti, a Titan X Collector's Edition has a more well-defined target demographic. Users looking for build aesthetics without compromising performance could appreciate the new graphics card. Many enthusiasts are willing to shell out extra money to give their system the exact look desired.

Some responses to Nvidia's tweet speculate that this could be a dual GPU version of a Founders Edition GTX Titan but that is fairly outlandish considering that SLI setups are not receiving much attention from game developers. If the GTX 1070 Ti is anything to go off of, expect to see a Titan with very similar specs to existing cards but with minor modifications to attempt to justify an even more premium price point.

For the time being, Nvidia has not made any announcements regarding when its Volta architecture will be coming to consumer grade graphics cards. Back in August, Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang stated that Pascal would not be superseded by Volta anytime soon.

Permalink to story.

That would be rich if this was any faster then their current cards. This has got to be what, the 4rth time Nvidia have released what they claim to be the fastest card in the world. I personally don't think this card will be anymore expensive, that's just making a bad situation for your top spenders even worse.

Don't see any reason for them to release Volta anytime soon either, they have zero competition right now.

That would be rich if this was any faster then their current cards. This has got to be what, the 4rth time Nvidia have released what they claim to be the fastest card in the world. I personally don't think this card will be anymore expensive, that's just making a bad situation for your top spenders even worse.

Don't see any reason for them to release Volta anytime soon either, they have zero competition right now.
Personally I'm in no hurry for Volta. The longer they use Pascal, the longer my card retains some value.

Do the reference cards have some sort of RGB? Why anybody would plump for them, I dunno. They're hot and noisy things with that not terribly effective hamster wheel fan. If anybody builds a SLI system, I'm sure they'd have enough common sense to realise they'd need a well ventilated enclosure as well.

I'm still a bit irked as I'm the fool who put 3 Titan Xs (Maxwell) in my system a few months before the 980Ti came out... Never intend to make that mistake again....

I wonder if this is just a way for Nvidia to unload a few more Titan Xs on the unsuspecting public as I'm HOPING that sales started to dry up once the 1080Ti was released....

Don't see any reason for them to release Volta anytime soon either

Bitcoin.

The marketing executive that doesn't play this angle should be fired.

Crypto-currency is already dying down, hence AMD cards returning to normal prices. Both AMD and some boards partners are already on the record saying that it is hard to invest into making products for the Crypto market because it is unstable. It's very possible to spend a bunch of money making a product and then it could be worthless. For example, those mining oriented cards with no display outputs that have zero resale value.

Crypto-currency is already dying down, hence AMD cards returning to normal prices. Both AMD and some boards partners are already on the record saying that it is hard to invest into making products for the Crypto market because it is unstable. It's very possible to spend a bunch of money making a product and then it could be worthless. For example, those mining oriented cards with no display outputs that have zero resale value.

They've said crypto is dying down every single year. The marketing angle isn't to sell "mining hardware", its to sell the card as a money maker. My 1070 makes approx $67 (above electricity cost) per month. If you have an architecture that can perform better, you just drop current earnings into the sales copy and pull it out if BTC goes back to being unprofitable to mine with GPUs.

If they aren't playing this angle, they're leaving money on the table.

I don’t understand why you have a problem with Nvidia releasing newer faster cards? I mean if they released a new card and it was slower than their current crop or not releasing anything at all then surely that would be worse?

I don’t understand why you have a problem with Nvidia releasing newer faster cards? I mean if they released a new card and it was slower than their current crop or not releasing anything at all then surely that would be worse?
The problem here is the Titan X ISN'T a faster card... they've already released the Pascal Titan X, so this will simply be a "refinement" - which you could do yourself by purchasing the "old" Titan X and overclocking/custom cooling it.

Scarier yet, you could buy a 1080Ti - which is several hundred dollars cheaper - and custom cool/OC to get yourself a superior card.

Now, if this new Titan X CE actually has more CUDA cores, or something else, I might be persuaded to change my tune - but it doesn't look like this will be the case....

Personally I'm in no hurry for Volta. The longer they use Pascal, the longer my card retains some value.
Unless you sell it, what's the point?

I'd like to see more GPU horsepower for 4k and, more importantly, VR.

Alas, Vega wasn't quite good enough to make Nvidia rush anything out the door... They can take their time releasing Volta as nothing compares to the Titan or 1080Ti.... It would be nice to see a card released sometime that could do 4k @ 60FPS (or better) on the most demanding AAA titles....

This is the epitome of a fad. They're just playing the egos of techies to waste money on something that "looks cool", is obscenely overpriced, and will be obsolete in 6-18 months.

I feel sorry for individuals who honestly fall for marketing gimmicks like these.

This is the epitome of a fad. They're just playing the egos of techies to waste money on something that "looks cool", is obscenely overpriced, and will be obsolete in 6-18 months.

I feel sorry for individuals who honestly fall for marketing gimmicks like these.
Well... not exactly... a fad means that it is widely spread - I highly doubt that this will qualify.... but for every one they sell, an angel loses its wings :(

Well... not exactly... a fad means that it is widely spread - I highly doubt that this will qualify.... but for every one they sell, an angel loses its wings :(

Yeah, I doubt many people have 1K+ to drop on a video card. That said, if Nvidia really want's to milk people, they should sell complete edition video cards. For $2K you can purchase the 1180 at launch and get a free upgrade to a 1180 Ti when it comes out.

Now that 4K has become a lot more affordable, expect to see mid range add-in GFX cards running games natively in 4K resolution with no sweat pretty soon. As for VR, it's still a very small niche market so devs aren't putting too much effort into it right now, and that's simply the price early adopters have to pay... not to mention through their noses as well, of course. If that ever changes then they'll bend their backs a bit more and hardware companies will come to the party a bit more often.

Nvidia performed garish gestures on a cash cow called PASCAL, helping him perform a guy called AMD.

Back