Votes: 1 14.3%
  • NO

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hey everyone someone is trying to sell this video card (nvidia MX4000 PCI 128mb) Should i get it???

Sorry, I meant to ask, how much is it? I've just googled it and seen it for $34.99. If someone's giving it away for a tenner, maybe you should get it to mess with :)
And, maybe I googled yours wrong but I saw yours (I think) for $120

ooo No my card is like 5 years old, but the video card is 25$ i guess i shouldnt get it unless he will give it to me for 10. sorry it took me to long to post i was watching all yor base belong to us lol

Woohoo! Finally someone gets it!
Ahem. Sorry I must have put in the wrong card. Do you mean one of these?

GeForce4 MX 420
GeForce4 MX 440
GeForce4 MX 460

"MX 4000" seems to refer to just the cpu
The cards themselves seem to be called one of the three above, or a variation. Here's a link to let you know where you stand
http://www.pcvsconsole.com/features/video/

No i really dont know im going to have to email him , but he told me exaclty it was a nVidia MX4000 128mb $25

Damn I'm all over the place, double posting and all. I want to change my vote to yes now, if the guy's someone you know, and he's selling a card that is twice as good as yours (now I see it) for $25, it sounds like an ok deal. An expert opinion would be appreciated though, I know very little about graphics cards, I go by price, bandwidth and the PCI thingy :haha:

no i dont know him but hes seling it online. Locally. Ill ask him for more info and maybe a pic. Then ill post up here. so you can see what exactly it is

Yeah, do that, and I hope someone else gives you an opinion, I'd hate for you to get it based on my advice :haha:

Yeah, that looks ok too. What's your price range? Google a few of the better cards in the link 2 or 3 posts up and you can get their prices, unfortunately like I said I'm not an expert at system requirements so here's a link for requirements for the radeon 9250
http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=576
btw I'm going off now, school in the morning. It's 11.00pm over here, past my bedtime :zzz:

Wellt then that looks good to me, if someone else has an opinion though please post, I'm trying to learn about all these graphics cards specs but I'm still really out of my depth :eek:

You can get an MX4000 meaning you have an AGP slot. You have an AGP slot meaning you can get a way better card than a simple and weak MX4000. 60$ just doesn't cut it these days. Ask your parents or some friend for a loan and get this card. It's a 6600 256MB (128-bit) which is one of the best "bang-for-buck" cards. Some people wrote in their reviews that they can play F.E.A.R, BF2, Everquest2, World of warcraft, Doom 3 at med-high settings with minimal lag. And even if you're not using it for gaming, 256MB of 128-bit memory is an amazing upgrade from your crappy 32MB card. Trust me, get this card. And the next time you have some more money, buy some memory (RAM) and together it will speed up your internet surfing and gaming by an amazingly high amount.(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130232)

EDIT: I didn't know that you were using the PCI bus, I am sorry for my blindness puke: Here, this is the best card you can get for PCI:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1130987962366
It is the Geforce 6200 (BEST card for PCI) but it is probably way over your budget (I realized you have a 60$ budget) so this is one of the best PCI cards available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143032 It is the one and only legendary Geforce FX 5500 which also has 256MB of 128-bit memory. It's 78$ (Not too much over your budget) and will be an amazing upgrade from an MX4000 and even more from your current card :monkey: I highly recommend getting this card and no less. Anything less is considered garbage nowadays. Well actually, that FX5500 is garbage itself but you're stuck with PCI so it's pretty good. :haha:

o so should i get this one for 25$??heres my future card

anyways i have a question, i found another agp 32 mb can i put that ina and keep my current pci slot video card so i can run at 64mb, just curius?

No, that would be SLi but those Helluva crappy cards can't do SLi. And no you can't get that 9550 because that uses AGP. Look at my previous post. It tells you what to buy. You should get nothing less than that. If you want, get that card from ebay but get THAT SPECIFIC CARD which is the Geforce FX5500 256MB memory (128-bit memory) but I suggest you get it from newegg because that is retail. DO NOT get the MX4000, that card had its days of owning but now it's the other card's turn.

Because you said your motherboard doesn't support AGP.

EDIT: Nevermind, actually you might be able to use. Open up your computer, look at the motherboard and search for an "AGP" slot. If there is one, then you could get a better video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back