nvidia networking controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

ok so i was happily on my computer and spot an outlook update so i go to install and see 3 optional updates, 1 a RAID, 1 a networking controll and theother for my 8800gts, i figure i will need them all, so i download n install all restart my pc and log bak on get on msn and open internet explorer... wats this?!? it says the current webpage is unavailable, i have tried usin opera and firefox all get errors bout connection, my connection is fine and so is my router, i've tried reseting it and everything,i did arun, cmd then ipconfig and the first line of words came up empty something about my dns, somebody please help me or tell me how i can uninstall them updates (wen i go on uninstalled updates only the cruitcial ones are there) and yes i am on vista ultimate , just to complicate things even more lol :) thanks a lot and all help is very much appriciated!

Oh this is easy! There are two ways.

The first is to use Add/Remove Programs. You can go into Add/Remove Programs, make sure "Show Updates" is selected at the top, find the updates in the list and remove them.

The other method is to use System Restore. Do as follows:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore -> Restore my computer to an earlier time -> Next -> Select the checkpoint for the updates -> Next

first one doesnt work as thye update is not shown in the update list because it was an optional update. second once dusnt work either as restore is not on my copy of vista... but it no longer matters as i just reinstalled vista and sorted the problem, thanks anyways

For future reference, go to control panel and select Windows Update, click Installed Updates at the bottom left. From here you can uninstall any update installed using Windows Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back