Nvidia Ntune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfolsom77

So I am not experienced at all with OCing. I was wondering if using the Nvidia Ntune would be a good tool to use to for this. It has an option to fine tune the system. I do not want to try anything manually b/c with my luck I would fry it. Please let me know what you think about this tool or if you know of any other tools that would OC for me or if it can only be done manually....

Thanks in advance

Hmmm, I had troble with ntune as it would not finish tuning

I find that i get better results from using BIOS and rivatuner

What motherboard make do you have? I have an Asus and they provide their own software for overclocking your CPU. It's called AI booster (as it's part of the AI range of mobos). Just a couple of click got me a cool extra 200 or so point on 3DMark06.

I believe that Abit do similar software for their mobos, and probably more!

the best overclock is an overclock from your BIOS.
This is a small, basic guide with info on how to overclock your system. Personally, I read quite a lot of different guides before I started, just to minimize the chance of anything going wrong.

If you want to know more, searches like 'overclocking/overclocking guide' etc on google may have some interesting results. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

The link:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Guides/OCguide/1.html

Edit:
I'm sorry. You said in your start post that you didn't want to try anything manually. I believe that doing it manually is not very high risk, if you just take small steps in upping the FSB, and you need to know what you're doing. You need to test if the system is stable at a certain speed.

Also, could you please state if you want to overclock your GPU or your CPU? The thing I described above is for the CPU(the nvidia ntune is for both). Overclocking the GPU goes differently. I'm not sure about the ntune program. But I think it's a good start, if you also take small steps and test your card after every few mhz you overclock.

Hope I still helped you with this.

~Exonimus

Yeh, the AI booster I used (was just yesterday, actually) only allowed me to have an extra 200Mhz, but for the time it took (a minute, tops?) and ease of use it's worth it for now, until I have the time and inclination to do it properly.

Here's a nice concise guide I found:
http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t5881.html

I believe he did his using the stock AMD fan, which is apparently quite good.. but a better one might be a worthy investment, keeping things cooler can ensure stability and better component life. I recommend Zalman!

Zalman is usually a good choice. It's cool and quiet :)

The AMD stock cooler is quite good, and I can easily overclock my processor 600mhz without having it running too hot(on the contrary, it's still running cool) but a zalman cooler is always better. So if you can get your hands on one, that's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back