NVIDIA says "Oi, No!" to Omega Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS | Thomas

Not happy with the fuss over 3DMark 2003, NVIDIA have now also decided to go after the Omega Drivers, created by OmegaDrive. Here's a choice selection of his thoughts on the matter:

Right now I'm really p***** of at nvidia for that thing alone, first the cheats, then buying Futuremark's statement & now, take down 3rd party sets that help them by making their customers happy? What's wrong with them!? They think money can buy anything? They are in the wrong track, they just want to cover all that bad press that they have been receiving lately by buying trust, but TRUST is not something they can buy, is something they must EARN!

The full story's up here, suffice it to say he'll no longer be producing NVIDIA Omega Drivers, though his latest ATi Omega Drivers (Based on Catalyst 3.5) have been released now. Thanks HardOCP.

the thing is still alot of people dont knwo the game nvidia has been playing lately, only the guys who visit tech sites kinda know whats going on, and that really makes me mad, cause nvidia doesnt deserve the popularity it used to have

That guy is a mental case, just look at his use of language and grammar, that alone shows he isn't worthy to stand up to a company the size of Kwik 'E' Mart, let alone a giant like NVIDIA. Although aside from his poor punctuation, he does have a point, NVIDIA really do need to get their act together before the average Joe's of the world start realizing what an ******* NVIDIA has been lately, to other companies and even their customers.

Originally posted by timmoore
That guy is a mental case, just look at his use of language and grammar, that alone shows he isn't worthy to stand up to a company the size of Kwik 'E' Mart, let alone a giant like NVIDIA. Although aside from his poor punctuation, he does have a point, NVIDIA really do need to get their act together before the average Joe's of the world start realizing what an ******* NVIDIA has been lately, to other companies and even their customers.

Boy am I glad I switched to ATI a few days ago. nVidia has been bitchy lately. I can't wait until this widespreads and nVidia takes a plunge because of their self-centeredness.

Certainly NVIDIA decision is bad for the consumer who likes to have options, I assume (we all do) they have a reason for taking such actions.

What I really wanted to comment however is ATI's take on the same Omega drivers thing, as far as I can remember an ATI representative recently said they are giving Omega developer exclusive access to beta drivers so that both his and the official drivers can be released at the same time and even posted on ATI's website, don't you think that's more of a consumer approach? I do... even if problems can arise from supporting Omega's, this shows they are working hard for delivering AAA products...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back