Nvidia System Utility v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
Today Nvidia has introduced a software that does what the creator of WCPUID H-Oda! did with "SoftFSB" years back: Allow "on the fly" clock control from within Windows. It also supports on-die thermal readings from the Athlon CPU's that supports it and also shows a host of voltages including chipset voltage.

I had a quick run with it on my unstable Abit NF7-S and came to the conclusion that the on-die temp reading does not work, neither the system temp... If it works better with other mainboards we will see when I decide which one to buy. The reported CPU voltage was also way off however I could still change the clock without rebooting... The program is well worth a try and will hopefully reliably show all those temps and voltages in future revisions.

UPDATE: The clock control seems broken also, after a few more retries the computer hangs... Thanks Didou!

I'm not surprised it didn't work for you. The spec requires nForce 400, Ultra 400, or nForce 3 (all) chipsets, which are present on newer Abit mainboards (NF7-S v2.0 = Ultra 400). Your mainboard, according to your forum post (see your link) is NF7-S v1.2, which is not compatable with this utility (see nvidia download page).

I have a plain nf7, and can only view and fiddle with the basic settings page and info page, as far as i can tell they work properly. How did you get access to the advanced settings and graphs?

Originally posted by ---agissi---
awe that sucks if it only works with brand spankin new hardware :(
Boards with nForce2 400 chipset were out way back in April (6 months ago). All current nForce2 boards (except for old designs) should be compatable with this utility.

If you read through this post you will notice that even people with the NF7-S v2.0 with latest BIOS can't get this to work...

And in this post you will notice that no users of Epox mainboards have gotten it to work either...

I do research things before I post them....

I just tried the utility on NF7-s v2.0 (bios v1.9, latest) and it works fine. Some the the available settings that are mentioned above (cpu voltage, advanced settings page, etc.) don't even appear when I run the utility, so I guess that Abit has not yet implemented all the required features in this newest bios (1.9) yet. Only features that actually work appear in the utility (with my board/bios version), so it looks like we'll have to wait for Abit (and others) to catch up.

Originally posted by Nic
Owners of Abit mainboards may want to try this utility instead ...

Abit - OC Guru

Download ABIT uGuru utility v1.14

That won't really help those with NFS-7 boards since the only supported boards as of right now are the KV8-MAX3 ( Athlon64 ) & the Ai7 ( Pentium 4 ).

In order for uGuru to work, there needs to be a Guru chip on the board. Unless there's a new revision of the NFS-7 with that chip present, this utility won't work with that board.

I wish they'd state that on the info page, but no requirements are provided (that I could see, other than in the filename) ;=).
Thanks for pointing that out NoisySilence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back