NVRAM Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem: A friend of mine was operating his computer when it was unplugged. He rebooted and everything was fine. He then logged out as usual and the next time he booted up, Windows (XP) wouldn't load. The system restarts and continually loops. He assumed it was a Windows issue and attempted to do a repair and then eventually reformatted the drive. The drive formatted fine though when attempting to reinstall Windows; at the loading file screen it just blacks out and reboots at 11%. There seems to be no error message.

I went over and attempted to to install it for him and noticed there is no NVRAM being detected on start up. This is the first time I've come across an issue with NVRAM. So I was wondering if that would be the cause of Windows not installing. If so, how would I go about fixing this? The mainboard is a Soltek SL-85MIV5-L.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D

Try Deleting the partions on the HDD then recreate the partions and formating. if install fails check memory slots for dust contamination or try with different memory module.

I've actually partitioned and formatted the drive twice with no success. I've tried a different memory module, again with no success. Im wondering how I would repair the NVRam issue.

You Could also try Clearing your CMOS and Flashing Your Bios

but before you open your system you chould check if you still got waranty.

go to your systems maunafcturers website and search for Data sheets for your model and search for BIOS Updates.

Data sheets will show you where the Jumper pins or point are to Clear CMOS.
You lshould also follow instructions carfully on how to Flash your BIOS.

You would CLEAR CMOS first then Flash Bios and attempt to re install.

Failing that you have a MB problem and would need a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back