NVSCV.EXE ?? Screwing up my LIFE and my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastian_11

Hi I am in to a very confused state of mind, with my PC not working the way it should. Let me describe my problem
1. My task manager does not work correctly, it shuts down automatically and I have to manually operate it through DOS. To my notice I found a process named nvscv.exe running. When I kill this process, the task manager windows operates fine (untill the process regenerates). To my notice I have also seen system utility window (MSCONFIG) not working with the impact of this application.I am not sure if there are any more application that are getting effected due to it. I have tried deleting it from %system32% folder but it seems like as it generates itself and gets added to the startup. Removing from the startup does not works as it still runs without any permission. I have tried to get it deleted through the following registry
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN &
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN SERVICES,
but as a matter of fact, this application does seems to listed there. At the most I have reformatted the OS, but the problem still persist with the same application. I have almost deleted files of almost all extensions, which actually begins with nvscv, but GOD knows from where it comes. It has slowed down the performance of my PC, and I also doubt that my VGA is also not giving proper resolutions. Googling on the net I found that this application is a driver for NVIDIA, but don't have any of NVIDIA card, what I have is a Intel VGA card.

2. My recycle bin always shows loaded with 5 items and the contents are always hidden. I dont know what 5 items it carries always. And the option for unhidding the files & folders from the folder option also does not seems to be operating very well.

I am not sure of what would be causing this to happen. But I do really need help from this forum. This is a favorite forum of mine where I have learned many things and I have also received resolutions to my problems. Hope to get this one resolved too.

Thanx & Regards
Sebastian Fernandez
:)

This trojan is embedded deep on your system (I've had a similar one and they are a royal pain). Did you read the article I linked to and proceed with the directions? It is going to take some work to get it eliminated.

By the way, what are you doing to prottect your PC from infestation?

I have moved this thread to our Security and the Web forum.

As has been said, your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of sebastian_11 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back