OC Fail??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently just built a new PC, bare with me because I know I'm a noobie! I'm a graphic designer and my computer is my bible when it comes to work, I've lost thousands of dollars in clients and also the cost of replacing the computer has been a nasty dent to my bank account. I'm only 19 =.=

Mobo: GA-945PL S3
CPU: Intel Duo 3.6 ghz
RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 Samsung
Video: Nvidia 6600GT PCIE
HD: 400gb SATAII WD, 120gb IDE WD

The first time I booted the system I got the OC fail mesage. I noticed a peice of the mobo was touching the chasis, I removed it and restarted. The second time it worked and I got windows and other software installed. 2 Days later whilst in photoshop working, the computer mysteriously restarted. Ever since I've had these 3 issues:

a. It starts up, leds flashing, all fans spinning etc but nothing comes up on screen - theres no signal coming through?

b. The main cpu fan just does not start at all and the pc automatically shuts itself down. I'm guessin this is because the CPU is overheating, but why?

c. The computer starts and in POST i get OC Fail - Please enter setup etc...I haven't overclocked the system at all. Sometimes it freezes here, sometimes it lets me into bios. Sometimes it freezes in bios and some times it doesnt. I load failsafe defaults and restart but get the same problems!

What's happening here??

You had much overkill there man lol. You definitely didnt need that much processor, and i think 1gb would have been sufficient. And why 520GB worth of HD. All that overkill and an underkill on the GFX card lol. I dont know your problem but i know you spent too much money on that computer lol.

just take out the CPU and put it back in the slot. this should reset to make the CPU run at its standard speed, since you get message saying something about overclocking.

if u spent to much on this, why the hell wud u OC??
Yall need to Drop the curiously of OCin cuz its a way to damage ur ****.

Alex~

@2 I can justify the power because of the 500mb files I work with and the sheer volume of data I have to store to do my job. Designer, not gamer.

@3 I've already taken it out before, but I guess I can try again.

@4 I haven't overclocked at all - thats why I'm confused...

Sometimes , when the computer resets itself,you need a bios update(just a guess),that,or your mainboard doesn`t withstand that much power...definitely try taking it back to the seller and i they do find something wrong with it,tell us what,cause for that much firepower,we should know why it doesn't work :D

Try clearing the cmos in the motherboard. Just take out the round little battery on the motherboard and wait a few minutes and put it in again. It should restore factory settings in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back