occasional blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting occasional blue screens, about every other week. They were more frequent but I replaced the hard drive and reinstalled Windows. I got the latest video driver and NIC driver. I ran memtest and Dell diagnostics. All the hardware tests are coming back clean yet the blue screens are returning. All the minidumps from before the hard drive replacement were unopenable by windbg. The two I have had since ARE openable. I have attached the minidmps if anyone can help me understand what is in them.

thanks

Post a few more minidump files if/when you get them. What Norton product/s have you got installed? The files listed below are two years apart.

ee797000 ee7a8440 naveng naveng.sys Fri Mar 16 13:34:29 2007 (45FA1E55) <--2007.
ee88c000 ee8a8ac0 SYMEVENT SYMEVENT.SYS Tue Mar 22 12:19:36 2005 (423F8EC8) <--2005.

The computer has Symantec Client Security on it. That includes the antivirus and firewall. It's being managed by a server. I was suspecting Symantec yesterday so I removed all Symantec software (except Liveupdate I just realized) from the computer. I do not know what the 2005 product would be. As I mentioned I just installed Windows and everything else last month. The Symantec Client Security is version 2006 and expires in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back