Occasional Taskbar Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I'm new to this board and I apologize for jumping direct to asking about matters. As I have it, my taskbar/toolbar keeps freezing at random interval and occurence, and when it does happen, I cannot ctrl+alt+del, open any new program (existing open program still works if you alt-tab to them, just loads up a bit slow), can't shutdown or restart the PC, and any application running in background, although running, will not be accessible (unless there's a hotkey that can minimize/maximize them).

So here I am wondering if any of you have ever experienced this or know what could be wrong.

System :

P4 2.8C
RAM 768MB
ATI Radeon 9600SE
Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
D-Link NIC

You need to upgrade to SP2

Run AVG spyware,AntiVirus and check the link Howard has posted in the security thread for destroying other nasties

I've checked quite a few times for nasties and even though I have a lot of "dormant" viruses in zips I downloaded, they're never activated, I'm careful enough around my ways. What puzzled me was, this only happened recently after a series of blackout that renders even my UPS unable to cope (our house wiring had a nasty burn) so I was wondering if this is due to a bad sector that hinders the OS functioning and stability ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back