OCing E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamenNoodles

Ok, so I've had the core 2 duo E6600 since it first came out, and Ive really been debating on whether or not to overclock it or not and I have decided to do so. I do play alot of games and would like to speed things up a bit.

I have a Zalman all copper Heatsink 120mm fan and a 550W mushkin PSU, so I have ample cooling and powering ready. I just need to know how to do this. I know there is something to do with Bios, but dont know exactly how and dont want to screw things up.

Any help would be great.

for an introduction to overclocking, check out CMH's overclock FAQ's sticky at the top the "overclocking, cooling, and modding" forum (which is where this question should have gone in the first place ;))

for an in-depth guide, google search "core 2 overclock". there are ton's of guides out there, here's a good one

cheers :wave:

Well, I posted it here to get some opinions on others overclocking with the c2d series.

Has anyone out there overclocked a E6600 before?

Some mobo's actually do it for you. They have different options like 5%,10%,20%...ect..and mine also has an option called NOS, which OC when at load. My Mobo is a P5w DH deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back