Odd Difference Between BIOS Temps and Program Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

After installation of new motherboard and AC F64 Pro, BIOS shows 28C for the CPU. SpeedFan's "Core" shows 31C. However, it's "Processor" shows a WHOPPING 51C!!! Everest shows same 51/52C!

I'm sure it can't be that high. Are th "Core" and bios ones that are correct?

I'd trust the BIOS temp reading. It should be more accurate than Speedfan or Everest.

Regards :wave:

BTW, how good is the AC Freezer? I may buy one for my future CPU...

... Don't even look at the thread agi made on that topic. Me and this one (insert curse word here) guy were flaming each other.

Ok, good; SpeedFan's "CORE" reading is what the BIOS pretty much tells me, so good...

At ~25C room temperature, I'm idling at ~27-30C. Have not done any load yet besides installing drivers and programs =).

This thing is gonna rock. Oh, and ITS FREAKING HUGE. Trust me, it's twice the size of the stock heatsink. I'll post pictures soon. Definately gonna do some overclocking, specially with my new sweet board!

MetalX said:
... Don't even look at the thread agi made on that topic. Me and this one (insert curse word here) guy were flaming each other.

Which topic?

What are your current system specs agi_shi?

wolfram said:
Which topic?

What are your current system specs agi_shi?
Current Specs:
Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H - NVidia's reference NF 590 SLI board. Best NForce 590 SLI AM2 board E.V.A.R.! Debug LED that actually HELPS (at first my memory stopped me from booting - LED shows mem problem, I leave only one stick in place and IT BOOTS!), awesome chipset, full BIOS access from windows via nTune, etc. etc. This board ROCKS!

A64 X2 3800+
1GB (2x512MB) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (1.9V) 5-5-5-12 (high timings, but I got them at 105$!!! - besides, performance is still extremely AWESOME)
Radeon X850XT (usually @PE speeds)
Antec TPII 480W (awesome PSU)

Look at this pic of the AWESOME AC F64 PRO:
newmoboacf64pro003km4.jpg

wolfram said:
Great system. Where did you get that RAM????? I want some XMS2 RAM, but it costs $122:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145566&ATT=20-145-566&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Just a suggestion, why don't you get the AC ATI Silencer 5 rev 2 for your GPU? It's VERY VERY silent, and cools very well. Surely way better than the annoying stock cooler :unch:
Thanks. I got the ram from NewEgg, but it was over the summer =). DDR2 was still "newish" and this ram was on sale.

As for the GPU cooler, nah... I've thought of it, but no need to spend 20$ on it. I'm currently idling at 38C with the stock speed (5%), so it's barely audible. When I ramp it up for games (100%) it's loud, but I don't hear it due to my headphones - plus, it keeps the GPU at around ~55-60C.

MetalX said:
Here's the thread wolfram...

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro - good, bad, ok?

And the 3 of us have remarkably similar systems. All Athlon 64s either classified as or overclocked to 3800+, 2 have SLI mobos, 2 have X850XT series cards, etc etc :)

Ah, now I see..... That Awhislyle guy.... :unch:
And yes, we have very similar PC's, but I'm gonna upgrade soon to a Core 2 system, and finally, get DDR2 RAM :) I already have money for the E6300, now I have to get for the mobo and RAM :(

As for the GPU cooler, nah... I've thought of it, but no need to spend 20$ on it. I'm currently idling at 38C with the stock speed (5%), so it's barely audible. When I ramp it up for games (100%) it's loud, but I don't hear it due to my headphones - plus, it keeps the GPU at around ~55-60C.

That's good. I only changed it because the stock cooler was so DAMN LOUD @ 100%.... And currently my card runs very cool, idles around 28-30°C, and under extreme load, it barely reaches 60°C- 65°C.

Welp, got NVidia's MonitorView program and I'm on my way. Everything is exactly as the bios reports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back