Odd, odd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really odd, in fact.

I'm wondering if there are any programs or if it's possible to patch/hack/edit a game to fool it into thinking that you have 128MB video cards installed. I'm running a couple of 64MB Radeons (top of the line a few years back, I'm just in college and would rather eat than buy new top of the line cards...not keen on upgrading too regularly, y'know).

I'm convinced that I'll be able to run the game anyway, thanks to the dual over-clocked cards and my processor speed above and beyond the recommended requirements. However, I may not be able to and it's just something I'd like to fool around with.

The game is Europa Universalis III, btw...Not all that graphics intensive to begin with.

What cards in specific are you using, that and more specs about your system would be helpful, alternatively you can pick up a 128MB graphics card for way under $100.

how exactly do you have those two cards running together? unless there crossfired which is impossible with that series of card there power is not added together, let me assume ones agp and another is pci or there both pci, in either case you can only use them to add monitors not increase graphical power, i would suggest picking up a new card, i know you said you don't have much to spend but for $80 you can get a Nvidia 6200 256MB card. Just let me know if i was right about how your dual graphics cards are set up.

You could perhaps share some system memory with the video card. Integrated graphics do this, as well as some cards made specifically for that purpose. I don't know if it's possible with your cards, however.

As Adhmuz asked, are they in crossfire? Or are you running multiple monitors?

Regards :)

kitty500cat said:
As Adhmuz asked, are they in crossfire? Or are you running multiple monitors?

Regards :)

Crossfire with non X800 or better card is impossible. And for a PC that old you can't really upgrade it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back