Office Shortcut Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy

The last couple of years i've been working with office 2000 and office XP, both had the Office Shortcut Bar and I used this allot.

Now, I've installed office 2003 and I can't seem to find it, is this still in the package? or not?

As you can see on all the screens, i use it allot :)
http://users.pandora.be/nicovl/fotos/desktop/

songws said:
Hi Crazy,

What a nick!!!

Anyway, as per Microsoft, Office Shortcut Bar is not bundled in Office 2003 as stated in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
SONGWS

thx :), now i know i don't have to look for it and i'll have to find something else to replace it. For me it was a very handy tool thou

If someone knows a something good to replace it, plz do not be silent :).

Well you can make all the shortcuts into a folder on your C: drive. Then you can add a new toolbar, and browse to that folder and hit ok. Then drag that new toolbar to the top of your screen and you can have it auto-hide so it only shows up when you mouse over it. That would be my best suggestion. I do this on all my computer for different programs and files/folders and it is a huge timesaver.

poertner_1274 said:
Well you can make all the shortcuts into a folder on your C: drive. Then you can add a new toolbar, and browse to that folder and hit ok. Then drag that new toolbar to the top of your screen and you can have it auto-hide so it only shows up when you mouse over it. That would be my best suggestion. I do this on all my computer for different programs and files/folders and it is a huge timesaver.

Thanks, I forgot that i could do it that way, i remember in win98 that it was so ugly, but in winxp it's not bad :)

Yep, pretty painless, not quite as pretty or short as your old bar, but it'll definately work, and might give you some more shortcuts to put in there as well.

make a folder, thats where your shortcuts come.
Then right click on windows taskbar go to "toolbar", then "new taskbar" and browse to that folder.
You can drag the new shortcut bar anywhere you like(I have it the top of my screen with autohide)

Don't know if i used the right names, i got the dutch winXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back