Office XP SP3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Saw over at Neowin that Microsoft has released Office XP's Service Pack 3. SP3 contains significant security enhancements, in addition to stability and performance improvements. This service pack applies to any level of Office XP. It contains all updates included in Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), and updates released after SP2.

Oh my, MS learnt a lesson; it's not fun to install SP1, than SP2 than SP3 like in NT4...

Does it still require the original install CD though?

Office XP SP3

I downloaded the SP3 servicepack fro MS site for Office XP but on double clicking it simply says it could not be installed. Has any one else had similar problem or know the solution. Please help.
drrks

you'll likely need the Office XP CD or the network directory from which OXP was originally installed. It has to check to make sure you have the CD and allegedly copy some files.

That's a major pain in the @$$...I understand the security aspect of it, but MS should include the files in the SP releases, in my opinion.

yes it is a pain, especially when installing over a network and the directory structure has changed since the application was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back