OfficeXP Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I use OfficeXP Word everything is fine until I need to save my work, the progranne then freezes. I have the Admin rights so I tried to run repair from the CD, it loades so far and then stops up comes Error message 1311. Source file not found \office1.cab. I then have to stop repair. (service pack tried to download but had same problem) I then decided to copy CD to hard drive and try again but still had same problem. I then went to Search and found that this CAB file was missing. So then found Billynda site and downloaded Office1.Cab, was told that this was 214MB but I only got 65.8mb.
So now this is on my hard drive saved in Folder in "My Computer". What do I do now?

I am a 64 year young man who is a complete novice Help!!

I have windows XP

Thanks for advice

Need more info there has to be a reason for this malfunction everything was working fine up to 6 days ago. It was then that the altermatic updates tried to download a service pack to the Office Suite.

Are you trying to save to a networked drive? I have a horrible time with this when I am using my work computer and it tries to find all the networked drives (which aren't connected) and it just freezes.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back