Official nVidia Drivers 28.32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you check the front page... Only joking.
I'll install these tomorrow when I get home from Milan ;)
Nice find, the drivers have only just been posted.

If you check the front page... Only joking.

I did check the front page ;) What I'm afraid of is my 56k connection can't keep up with the pace :D

They're a tad too big to d/l for me. I guess I'll stick to my current drivers unless there's a big jump.

Hmmm..I wonder if these drivers are going to freeze on me like every other Detonator driver out there except for 22.80.

I'll install them tonight and see how they perform.

I have installed them & uninstalled them in 30 minutes ( stop watch in hand :D ).

As usual I uninstalled the previous drivers ( 23.12 ), did a search on nv*.* in my system dir, just to make sure & installed the new ones.

Everything was going fine until I went to the Advanced Properties of my display. The usual Windows stuff was there : General, Card, Screen, Troubleshooting, Color Management ...

Wait a minute ...

Where's the nVIDIA tab ? Where's the color correction ?

I tryed everything to get it back. No go.

There's of course the nView that comes with it, but you can allready get it with the 27.xx drivers. You can have some cool transparency effects, faster window draw & better dual view support ( I only have a GF3TI200, my dual view comes from an extra matrox pci card so ... )

GTUTweak didn't want to work with the 28.32 too. Wheneever I tryed to overclock I got a DLL error message.

It might be with my bad luck too, someone else might find them good.

PS. I'm now using the 27.42 drivers, & nvrefix won't work with 'em. It doesn't work with the 27.xx drivers. Does anyone know how I can get fix my refresh rates ? That 60 hs is killing me :(

the color correction tab is under the twinview tab. There is a tab on the twinview page that I think says device settings on it.

Any ideas how I can get that refresh rate going again ? :D

My eyes are about to pop out ;)

Hello,

I know nVidia's drivers are very up to date and update often, but does that mean its nessary to get them even if you have an old vga card ?

I am currently using an TNT2 M64 32mb w/ tvout vga card.
If I do upgrade . . . I am aware of the fact there are newer cards out on the market . . . but for newer drivers . . . would the extra features help my card ?

I looked at some benchmarks . . . and i found that certain drivers are better for my card . . . does that mean i should stick with those ones ? Never upgrade again ?

Thanks,

TRUFFLES :blush:

Yes.
Its been shown multiple times that the TNT2 works better with some older drivers. It is very unlikely that any extra performance or functionality would be gained by using newer drivers with that card. My house mate still uses a TNT2 with version 5.x drivers and has played RTCW and Medal Of Honor and both games have run without error (albeit very slowly :) )

Installed updated Nvidia 28.32 drivers

Just installed updated (10:45 am PST) Nvidia 28.32 drivers...missing tab corrected...no problems with installation. Did a 3DMark2001SE test, default, my score went up. With driver ver. 27.42 my score was 9888. Now with ver. 28.32 it is "9967"!

Re: Installed updated Nvidia 28.32 drivers

Originally posted by Fezzik
Just installed updated (10:45 am PST) Nvidia 28.32 drivers...missing tab corrected...no problems with installation. Did a 3DMark2001SE test, default, my score went up. With driver ver. 27.42 my score was 9888. Now with ver. 28.32 it is "9967"!

You mean it was actually a bug that slipped out ( the missing tabs ) ?

I went back to 23.12 just so I can adjust my refresh rates above 60 hz, now way I'm killing my eyes anymore ...

Yep tried them on my old PC, with TNT! Made slight difference over last ones but i think ill go back and try the original ones after what Arris posted (yet again):D

Cya

What do the new drivers mean? I just installed my new MSIGeforce MX440 card(with 2770 drivers, I think). Do I need to install the new drivers? Are these new drivers for ALL Nvidia cards?

Well david, in a nutshell all drivers do is help improve performance. If I were you I would try installing both drivers and running benchmarks on each one to determine which one is better for you. My guess is that the new Nvidia drivers will be the better ones.

And yes all drivers from Nvidia's site work for all Nvidia based cards.

Playing Half life counter strike while downloading seemed to cause a static sound to all in games sounds.
Apart from that the drivers seem fine. :grinthumb
I haven't run any benchmarks as I deleted 3dmark2001 and haven't gotten round to downloading the latest 3dmark2001SE yet...

i found that the new 28.xx drivers increased my 3DMark score by about 200 points from my previous drivers (23.11 I think) which were the best for me from a previous benchmarking frenzy.

as a sidenote the new via drivers (.38's) increased my marks by a little more too....

forever tweaking...

Speed or Bench scores aren't everything.

I would actually prefer some stable drivers with added functionality ( nView seems nice ) rather then just faster ones.

No offense to anyone but people might wanna know other things then how well it scores on 3dmark... ;)

I always go after stability first then speed. The 22.80's seem to run perfect so I decided to keep them until I upgrade my vid card. I may try the 28.32's but if I get a screen freeze or a random reboot the drivers are coming out.

after installing new drivers, my first inclination is to see how fast they are in comparason to others. As the my last post was made hours after upgrading, i chose not to comment on the stability. Stability is a little harder to judge as this is more of a long term thing..... as it stands I have had no problems at all so far since installing the 28.32s so .... and I hesitate to say this..... they seem stable too......

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back