Ok im a newbie at hd's what exactly does all this mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

ok im a newbie at hd's what exactly does all this mean?

i am building a gaming pc how much of all this do i need?

i kno i will not need more than 160 GBs but like do i really need a 10000 rpm hd? they r so expensive and waht kind of cache do i need and do i need serial ata or serial ata II? so i just need to kno how many rpms, cache and what interface?

thankyou for your info

It pretty much depends on the type of games you are going to play. I think you can get by with a 7200 RPM, some people just want the fastest system that they can get, kinda like bragging rights. I don't play games that much, so I don't worry about stuff like speed. The size, of your HDD, depends on what you plan on putting on it. A 160gb drive would do you well, cost wise. Go with a SATA drive if possible.

I think the graphics card, will determine how happy you are with playing games, on your system, so you want to get the best that you can afford.

Also, never skimp, on your power supply, and don't use a cheap power supply that comes in many computer cases. You want to get the biggest, and best quality power supply that you can afford.

ok kewl

ok ic well that didnt help much since i have an ultra x connect 500 watt pwr supply and im gittin an x800xl video card but that lil hard drive info helps a lil i guess thanx dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back