Ok, problem with new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondersheep

Hello again

Turns out my last problem was a dead processor.
so have just got a AMD 64 X2 and mobo to match.
2x1 gig ram.

Plugged it all in, it boots up does memory scan detects the two HDDs then goes to a blank screen and just sits there.

Tried other HDDs on it, still the same thing.

Well, no wonder. You have a mobo, memory and drives but NO video card.

Or were you going to tell us about that and whether you could see a screen for bios at some future date?

:)

CCT said:
Well, no wonder. You have a mobo, memory and drives but NO video card.

Or were you going to tell us about that and whether you could see a screen for bios at some future date?

Well I obviously have a GFX card since I said it shows memory test and HDDs are shown as found.

But if it makes it easier for you. I have tried a Radeon X1950 pro and also a Radeon 9800 xt and still same thing happens, does boot up, detects all drives then goes to a blank screen.

Well it doesnt seem to get upto booting the OS so I cant get to the OS boot menu.

Just had another check and while it shows boot up
Processor spee
Ram
HDD
DVD

in bottom right corner it flashes through 3 codes, then when it flicks to blank screen it quickly shows another code then stops

in order Codes are 6B38, 0075, 0078 then when it flicks to blank screen it quickly shows 00A2

Well, start eliminating stuff - disconnect and reboot.

Start with 1 drive and 1 stick ram.

Ok, tried that still same thing.

One thing, now and then when I do switch it on, it doesnt boot anywhere, not even to bios boot up

Could it be a PSU problem.
Not the best PSU I could have bought as limited budget

Could well be - disconnect EVERYTHING except the vid card - make sure you have the extra power plug in for it (if required) and try booting.

ok tried that, still the same thing, shows codes in bottom right, then goes to blank screen and sits there.

btw thank you for all the help

You maybe should get the mobo OUT of the case and try stuff - if you installed it wrong it may be shorting.

Or, maybe the psu is scrap, or the mobo is now gerfunkled - hard to say.

gl

ok, I seem to be getting somewhere now
found out switching off the CPU fan quiet function helps.
now it goes past boot screen, I get 1 single beep, windows screen flashes up for 1 second then I get BSOD with an error code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back