okay, let's imagine I'm an *****..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokyo-joe

Okay, my computer crashed, I got it fixed - they reinstalled XP but said they couldn't install all the drivers... anyway it crashed a day later, then I used system restore and pulled the data off it, then it crashed again, system restore a few more times, then fine. ONLY it says new hardware was not installed properly so computer might not work, and now the little sod won't shut down properly. Imagine I'm an ***** who until a few weeks ago wasn't that aware of what drivers were.... what is the problem + should i just take it back and let the techies sort it out?

Many thanks,
Joe

I cant imagine why techs would say they couldnt install the drivers. your pproblem is probably because your motherboard drivrs and other device drivers arent installed. in device manager are there any yellow question marks or yellow triangles next to any devices?

it would help if you listed your system spec's

if you donthave the motherboard drivers but you know the make and model of your mobo then you can go to the makers site and download the drivers you need.

ISS, thanks for the reply. I took it back to the Techies and the words 'drivers' and 'motherboard' were mentioned. Basically they failed to remedy the problem and this just means they have to do it all again for free. Last time they said they couldn't identify one of the drivers, which seems a little odd to me too. As in another thread it was the blue screen of death with 'IRQL not less or equal' - a Christmas message perhaps...?

Thanks again,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back