Old HD, New MB, SATA problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently upgraded my MB because of an AGP failure. i kept all my other hardware, like my HD. when everything was installed i started windows, the logo and loading screen appears but then this stop error occurs: 0x0000007b (0xf78a663c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) my HD runs fine as a secondary on other computers and no other SATA drive works with my motherboard. so im looking for a way to fix that without a floppy drive and without formatting my HD. im assuming i just need drivers but where can i get them? the asus website is no help

MB: ASUS P4S800D-X
HD: Seagate Barracuda ST3250823AS

Well, for the SATA/RAID drivers click here for the SIS v1.05 RAID driver. Other motherboard drivers are also available if you need them.

may have to repair xp does not like new (diff) mb's
do search for specific MB drivers and bios issues with xp
load install disc

an old video card was being tampered with by dumb old people (parents :p ) and fried the AGP slot, i have a video card that works now tho.

the ASUS website driver downloads are setup files that need the actual chipset to run, and i cant run anything on that MB

...also, the HD is detected in BIOS like normal, its just that i cant get windows XP to run. and im on a schedule and need this fixed as soon as possible

if your hard drive is SATA, you may need to install the drivers.

Also if you have a mixed system (IDE and SATA) windows sometimes gets fussy and defaults to IDE. I don't recommed mixing. USe one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back