Old Video Card Drivers Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesablo

ive got this really annoying graphics problem where items or characters randomly explode into a blurr across the whole screen or map. i figured out that this is because of older prior drivers conflicting with newer drivers. (btw, ive got a 6800 ultra) Also id like to point out that i used an ati 9700 pro for a short while when i was waiting for my 6800 to be fixed under warrenty from asus for burning out. I dont know if this has a significant plot in my problem, but figured id mention it. If anyone can shed some light on this and help me out, i would really appreciate it a lot. Ive tried unintalling the nvidia drivers may times and using a program by the name of "nvidia nasty file remover" as advice from some thread i saw, but still the problem persists. Thanks very much,
~Wes

Did you completely uninstall the ATI catalyst drivers prior to installing the 6800 and the associated drivers?

well, how would i do that, just add/remove programs->ati drivers? cuz i tried to delete them with the nasty filer remover but not all of them totally get deleted.

Go into your control panel to Add/Remove Programs and scroll down to the ATI catalyst drivers. Then try to remove them if they appear in the list. You may also run into a problem if you didn't uninstall them correctly to begin with. The uninstaller may pop up an error message that either the drivers can't be found (partial files deleted and not uninstalled), or due to some files being removed and some remaining. Try that first and see if you can uninstall them, or what's left of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back