omg i have a very low fps rate in counter-strike source. tryed everything! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan660

yea i recently prchased counter-strike source and according to the back of the box i should be able to run it decently but i get an in game fps off 3 (on average

Can you give us your full system specs? Also, if you have an older graphics card make sure the resolutions and shaders/effects are turned off or low.

okies my specs are
800MHz cpu
ASRock P4VM800 mother board
intel 2.6ghz processer
320Mb ram
VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP video card
basic sound card
i have tryed putting everything at low but it still doesnt work
(p.s sorry for being such a n00b, i'm not so great with computers)

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. You should see my first posts :eek:
Anyway, I'm guessing it's your grahics card, sorry to say. Integrated graphics cards just can't cut it on any newer games, but personally I didn't think they wouldn't play cs/s with everything on low! Hang on here for a while and see if anyone can give you some tips on speeding the game up or something, but I actually don't think there's any way of getting around that integrated card :(

This has gotta be the most asked question of all time. Perhaps search for other threads. WIll get you an answer quiker and will save us answering the same question several times.

Regards,

Korrupt

thanks

thanks for your suggestion can you give me a graphics card thart i could buy that isnt overly expensive

Yup no problem. Your motherboard can have an agp card so that's good. All you need to do is tell us how much you're willing to spend.

Ok, I'm trying to find a 6600 in your range, I've seen a pretty good deal here
128mb gigabyte 6600 agp but that's pushing your budget.
Here's a 9600pro which would still be a big step up from any integrated graphics, but sticks to the budget a bit better.
Actually I found a 9600xt (apparently better) here so that'd be a better buy I suppose. Still in budget.

1. You have little memory. 512MB is minimum for basic computing these days. 1gB minimum for serious gamers
2. you need a better graphics card

wolfram said:
Do you have a 800MHZ CPU or a intel 2.6 GHZ CPU?
I think he got confused with the motherboard's FSB (800MHz)? Correct me if I'm wrong there..

In which case, can you go right click My computer>properties
Under the General Tab tell us what it says under "Computer"
eg Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz etc..

I'm afraid Tedster's right in terms of ram, 512mb is pushing your system, 320mb is even worse.. but considering your current budget, you may want to save up the ram upgrade in the future, as getting a vid card will put some of those lost system resources back for the system to use.

Workaround for now would be to close all the apps in the background and other programs you dont use to free up some more of the resources, but improvements should be noticed either way..

N3051M said:
I think he got confused with the motherboard's FSB (800MHz)? Correct me if I'm wrong there..

You're completely right. He probably got confused with the FSB. He may have a P4 Prescott @2.66 GHZ with a 800MHZ FSB.

yea i checked it out. you guys are totally right about the processor/ mother board thing. with my 320mb ram everything works fine and iwas wondering would this graphrics card be compatible Sapphire Radeon 9250 128MB AGP

I would NOT recommend the 9250 AGP as you can likely do much, much better for the same price.

If you're under a tight budget, I'd say get a Radeon 9600 Pro or 9600 XT at the very minimum. They are several factors more powerful than the 9200 or 9550 Radeons and also have support for Direct X 9.0.

yea but it would fit, and stuff wouldnt it. because my friend has one that he isnt using and he said i could have it

Not the specs, the model unless you or someone else built it.

example: my laptop's model is 7510GX

Also follow these examples:

Download CPUZ from the download section of techspot here https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html then Unzip all the files

Start the program by clicking on cpuz.exe (the one with picture of a computer chip). Then click on mainboard tab and you will see something called version and tell us what it says (if nothing there it's pci).

This will tell us if it needs to be pci card (crap) or if it can take an AGP Card or a PCI-e Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back