On Board 6 channel sound - Asus A7V333

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdmk

http://usa.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7v333/overview.htm

This is my new motherboard, which I'm installing on the 25th...at the moment I have a crappy SoundBlaster 128 (stereo) sound card.

Should I stick with that, or should I use the onboard sound [is it dolby 5.1? :confused: ]? If so, what speakers should I get? (under £70 please)

Is it worth using the onboard sound or should I save for an Audigy 2?

BTW - will one reduce system performance more than the other?

Thanks. ;)

Well, I just got the A7V8X, and are using the onboard sound...

I found that I can't really tell much of a difference between it, and my old SB Live!...

And all my old problems with Creative cards and Via chipsets are gone :)
No longer cracking in sound when copying files, no more slow file copying, no more system crashes...

So in short, use it instead of your 128... I'm not quite sure when it comes to Audigy... The Q is, how good are your speakers? If they are of a premium quality, you might get a bit better sound with the Audigy, but if you're just using a set of OK speakers...

.02$

yeah, but that's a different mobo.

I know that the nforce 2 boards have very good sound, but maybe the KT400 boards have similar onboard sound to the A7V333.

At the moment I've got extremely sh***y speakers, I was just figuring whether it was worth buying reasonably nice ones to go with the onboard sound.

Can anyone recommend any 5.1 reasonably cheap speakers (under £70 - the less the better) with reasonable sound quality?

EDIT: At the moment, the Logitech Z-640's look like a good deal (around £65). Tomshardware did a review of the Z-540's, which are identical, apart from the Z-640 is 5.1 rather than 4.1

Would these be a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back