Onboard graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I have a question regarding drivers or lack thereof for onboard video.
The Problem:
My girlfriends pc has never worked properly... i have now fixed 99% of the problems but this last one i just cant figure out. The computer was bought in one of those packages from a department store in australia known as Harvey Norman. Now when she first got the computer it came with everything she needed including the necessary disks containing all the drivers etc etc.
She had problems with the PC and took it to their service department.
The techs apparently fixed her problem but when handing her back the system disks have given her the wrong ones and also forgot to return her manuals... I wasnt told this untill after i reformatted and ran into trouble with her sound and video.
I was able to fix the sound easy enough by using a standard set of drivers that i had from when i purchased my laptop. I tried to do the same thing with the video drivers (ie Using my laptops recovery cd's) but had no luck. So my question is does onboard video require a specific set of drivers. If so how would i know which to use as like ive already stated the original system disks and manuals are missing.
Id appreciate any help on the subject.
Thanks
Fuzzaa

Use a program like Everest to see exactly what kind of video adapter has that computer, then get the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck!

As far as I know all onboard cards use a Generic set of drivers which WindowsXP has built in. I am not sure about earlier version of Wndows though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back