Onboard video failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbhall

I have two out of 4 older PC's with no video

I recently bought 4 second-hand Elonex Prosentia PC's circa 2002 with the following specs

250Mb memory
m/b MSI MS-6558G
chipset SIS650
video onboard SIS 315 integrated AGP

Installed OS Windows 98se transferred from older PC's with no problems, then added a second video card Rage pro turbo PCI to allow twin-monitor support.

All four worked fine, but for one reason or another, there was a need to re-open the cases of two of them and (for instance), change the boot order again, or swap one of the video cards due to occasional hardware errors.

The odd thing is, afterwards, these two PCs no longer show video (on either of the video ports), nor beep, allthough all the usual lights show the PC is booting as normal.

I have tried reseating memory, removing add-on video card, swapping memory, switching off for 24-hours etc, but nothing seems to work. There is no way into the bios when you have no video...

Can anyone suggest a way of resetting the bios to defaults, to see if that brings video to life again?

There will probably be a jumper on the mobo to reset the CMOS to default values.

Other than that, your onboard video may just be faulty.

if u really need to reset every thing to factory (BIOS), just pull the battery out of the MB, let everything sit for a few minutes and then put the battery back, and all will be as the BIOS had it set up from the factory.

will try that

Ref resetting the bios, have alread tried the motherboard reset toggle without success, will next try removing the battery for an hour or so.

I put the specs in because it is the PC I happen to be repairing at the time, not my own....

regards

jumper the BIOS on the motherboard. Usually near the battery.
Of course the battery may also need replacement since it is so old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back