one bad week for electronics for me

Tedster

Motherboard on desktop failed. RMA'd it.
router for house failed sudddenly after 2 troublefree years. Free replacement from VOIP provider.
dropped digital camera and broke it. (my bad, now I gotta spend bucks to replace it.)

I'm not having a good week. I'm dreading what's gonna break next.

That`s a bummer mate.

They do say bad luck comes in three`s. Hopefully, you won`t have any more problems for a good while to come.

Regards Howard :)

Cheer up. At least you're getting the newer stuff now :)

And like any sort of tech, new is usualy better no? (with a few exeptions :D)

yeah, but it's a royal pain the rectum putting all this equipment back together (and hoping that it works) plus I'm out money for the camera. The stupid lanyard broke while I was at SeaWorld and the camera hit concrete.

I'm going to sell it for parts on ebay. I've seen other people do it.

This has been a bad week for electronics for me too... wierd.
3 hardrive faliures, 1 mobo faliure, 1 power supply for the lasers at work, and just alot of general crashing.

Oh my... I cant say Ive ever had a week like that :(
Hang in there... its bound to be smooth sailing from here...

I'm more stressed about my deployment in a few weeks to Baghdad.
Computers come and go..... bullets and IEDs are forever.

Boogityboo04 said:
This has been a bad week for electronics for me too... wierd.
3 hardrive faliures, 1 mobo faliure, 1 power supply for the lasers at work, and just alot of general crashing.
The moons must be aligned or something!!! haha

I had a hard drive die. I've been running HDD Regenerator on it since Thursday night, its now Sunday night. 65,000 bad sectors and counting - its claiming it has fixed every one, but I somehow doubt the drive is going to be any good when its done.

ugh.... I hate it when hard drives die!

(I haven't had one happen since 1990 - when I had a hard drive on my Atari 800XL act up.) Actually the controller was flakey. It was a BIG 10 megabyte SCSI hard drive the size of a shoebox......

good luck in iraq buddy.

Plus same thing happened to me when the house caught on fire, we lost a fuji digital camera, Nikon Digital camera, Compaq Desktop, 3 Dell notebooks, and a TV and Home theater system. Plus small things like cell phones, and radios. Hang in there.

...AMD

Dont come to my house... I'm bad enough on my own :)

My buddy just had a similar incident, his LCD on his laptop went out, and in the process of fixing it, he didn't realize that his webserver's MB went down too. He's a lucky little cuss though because he managed to trade some working parts with some other friends to manage to get his server back up least of all... And he stillc ouldn't fix the laptop, actually made it worse...LOL

Tedster at least you're not a jinx with electronic gadgets. There was a female grad student at the university I work at and when she came into the lab the equipment would stop working! Everytime she TA'd the class I was running around like a madman fixing stuff. Oscilloscopes would just stop triggering properly, motors/optical choppers would stop turning at the correct speed. Even semiconductor bandgap energies would change and the required measurement would be something completely different! OMG.

I finally had to call in an old priest and a young priest and have her excersized. ;)

Are you heading to Iraq?

I had a boss that was the opposite way :)

I would go and tell him about this or that not working... and Magically it worked as soon as he touched it.. Doing the same crap I did... It drove me nuts!!!!

Oh well, he has retired, and maybe soon I will gain his illustrious powers
Muh-hahahahaha

(anybody know how to spell that?)

kirock said:
Tedster at least you're not a jinx with electronic gadgets. There was a female grad student at the university I work at and when she came into the lab the equipment would stop working! Everytime she TA'd the class I was running around like a madman fixing stuff. Oscilloscopes would just stop triggering properly, motors/optical choppers would stop turning at the correct speed. Even semiconductor bandgap energies would change and the required measurement would be something completely different! OMG.

I finally had to call in an old priest and a young priest and have her excersized. ;)

Are you heading to Iraq?
exersized? Was she fat?

I think you meant exorcised! hahahaha

yes. I leave for Iraq very soon.

In Canada when you type an "e" after an "x" and it's the second "e" in the word you can automatically substitute an "o" for the second "e".:stickout:

Take over there Tedster.

Yeah deffinitely take care Tedster... and if it seems to hot over there, just remember, you could always be back at Fort Hood ;) Because I know that it feels just peachy down there like it does here at Ft Sill....

Know the feeling.

<while jumping up and down like a little kid> Look at my posts on the NewEgg Bad thread ... I am with you.

(Hardware grimlins?)

would you believe my PRINTER is now acting up!!!!

It won't print out any text. It was streaking ink earlier. There's plenty of ink left and I have done automatic head cleaning numerous times. I have a canon i860

any suggestions?

Good luck Tedster. I've got a friend going back for his second tour in January, and another friend still unsure whether or not he's going on a second tour. Anyway, just know there are still people in the states that appreciate what you do for this country.

I wish the majority would appreciate it. There's a lot of lip service that I saw first hand when I served on recruiting duty. Lots of flag waving, but few man or woman enough to take the call.

I'm attempting to soak the print head in glass cleaner 50% ammonia and 50% heated water to unclog the nozzles. I'll let it sit overnight. I think the black ink is completely clogged.

Anybody have any good printer head cleaning suggestions?

Back