One Click BIOS Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
It took quite a bit until a company was able to release something like this, according to Abit though, they have had it in the making for three years.

One click BIOS updates are now possible thanks to Abit's FlashMenu Windows-based utility:
"Without worries from crashing, and with a quick 1 click BIOS update, ABIT users can quickly get back to doing what's important; using the computer."

Great job Abit! I guess other motherboard manufacturers are likely to follow suit in the coming months, making BIOS backup devices such as the RD1 Bios Saviour practically obsolete... which isn't a bad thing. BTW, over 30 current Abit mobo models already support FlashMenu.

P.H.A.T (Pretty Hot And Tempting):grinthumb

I accually gave this a whirl with my Asus A7N8X... I have to admitt I was a scared at first... :eek: But when it booted back into Windows I got out of my chair and did the IRISH JIGG!

SWEET!!! :D

Great, I was wondering when they'd update this. I remember ages back when they first had this then pulled it (Far as I recall anyway, I know I had to do some google searching to find it somewhere).

Least now I can update the BIOS on my NF7-S - which has no CD or floppy drives & XP installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back