Opening Computer Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob956

Can both side covers ff a computer case be removed? I can remove one of the covers dead easy just by removing the two screw at the back. But When I come to remove the other side, i cant get it off with just removing the two back screws. The reason I want to get it off is beacuse there is a screw with the bottom pointing up into the case. I think the head of the screw is underneath the case cover i cant get off. Any help would be nice and I would be grateful. Thanx :)

Can you not see the screw that is underneath the cover through the side that you have already removed???

You may have to apply some force to make the cover slide off (if it is the slide type). Or you may have to remove the front panel.

I can see the bottom end of the screw, but not the top bit where i can screw it out with a screwdriver. Im sure it must be under the other cover. I hope its easy Nodsu to remove the front panel. I'm not at all good with hardware. Im very poor, and i mean poor. Always been the software person, ah well, I will just have to learn more I guess. :)

Check if there are more screws that hold that sidepanel, either on the top or on the bottom.
Otherwise, put on a pair of rubber kitchengloves to try and slide that panel out, gives you more grip.

I have just noticed something. At the bottom of my case at the side there is a little plastic square. It is located on the front panel at the side. It seems quite loose, but I cannnot get it off, I have tried really hard at getting it off, I don't want to smash it though. It must be there for a reason, could be hiding a screw, Im not sure though, I could take it off and nothing be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back