Opera 9 problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

hi all, i have been having some trouble with my opera internet browser lately when i open opera it makes my cpu usage go up to 100% and makes my computer run like crap, i have been using opera for ages and its my favourite browser and i would like to be able to continue using it rather than firefox or IE,

thanks

Does it happen no matter what you do with Opera? Even if you start it up with a blank page?

It could be a bad plugin for example. Try removing everything from the Program Files\Opera\program\plugins folder.

Also check to see you are running the latest version, as of this post the latest version is 9.02.

yeah it does it when iv got a blank tab and nothing else running but it only every so often sometimes when i start opera it will be using like nothing of my cpu then all of a sudden it will jump up to 99 or 100, im not using any plugins with opera and i have the latest version, thanks

just in case u were wondering my specs are

AMD Athlon 3200+
512mb ram
120gb hdd
Radeon x1600xt bravo edition
foxconn winfast mobo

Not using any plugins at all? So you don't have Flash player installed? And definitely no Java? How about Acrobat Reader?

Type "about:plugins" to the Opera address bar and see what you get..

oh sorry i didnt realise that they were plug ins, i thought u ment widgets
i did that and i have about 32 plug ins :(

Well, start by removing the fishy ones from less-known makers. And see which one makes Opera go bad.

The about page tells you which file contains which plugin

ok ill give that a go, iv started to notice that it only does this if im running many other programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back