Opinions on the ATI Radeon X800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Lancelot

How about the 7800GT?

I think in most games, it will outperform the X800XL. But more than that, it supports Pixelshader 3.0 which will give you a far better picture. the X800XL only supports pixelshader 2.0. This is why in SOME games you'll get a higher framerate with the X800XL, it doesn't have to make such a beautiful picture (in comparison).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130256

Here is a great article on PCI-e cards if you haven't read it already:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/02/vga_charts_viii/

Thanks I put that card on my shopping list as a second option for a video card the fact it supports pixel shader 3 is good as I believe Oblivion is gonna require 3

I agree with DonNagal. The 7800GT is the card I'm going to get, and it outperforms the X800XL. It is only like $25 more too.

the 6800GS which is 200$ performs as good as the X800XL for 280$.. for sure try and opt for the 7800GT as recommended above

also if u get the evga as don recommended, u get quake 4 :slurp:
and the chance to upgrade ur video card in the future (within 90days) heh

Well a Free Video game is ALWAYS a bonus, and as far as upgrading my video card within 90 days, what kinda deal am i looking at, a Straight Exchange no extra cost, an exchange with cost, a discount on a newer card, or a free new card without an exchange?

u pay the difference.. so if u get a 6800GS.. u take the price on ur receipt and then eVGA will calculate the difference in price (after taxes) between ur card and the card u want...

and u pay that difference.. n eVGA is always giving out new games.. before it was COD2, now its Quake 4.. who knows whats next.. and did i say lifetime warranty and 24/7 help line? :bounce:

My thoughts exactly. I've been converted. My old computer tech teacher use to rave about Nvidia cards, AMD processors, and Kingston RAM as he played Warcraft in the back room of the computer department. I'm pretty sure he had good taste, even though I deviated from a couple of those paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back