Os acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackoire

The problems started when i accidently done automatic updates with a illegal copy of Xp. (Slip of a finger :dead: )

My OS was validated and found to be illegal.
A few minutes later my comp restarted and i couldnt get into Xp home edition.
I formated my drive and installed Xp home edition again and everything seemed fine until i tryed installing my graphics card(s) neither worked.I tryed it over and over,getting blue screens of death and fatal error messages to do with memory.I got the drivers on once or twice but they wouldnt work just crash after Xp load screen.I tryed solving prob in safe mode and tryed last known good config.
All other drivers installed. So i tryed repair my copy of Xp got everything working for a while then in-game comp crashed and game me a memory error.
So then i tryed Xp pro and i got the same problems also.Safe mode is the only mode that i can access at the moment.

you say you reinstalled xp-but did you reinstall your motherboard drivers as well?

If you dont have the disc, you will need to go to the mobo makers website and download your particular mobos chipset

the following link has a great program for showing all your system info for future reference

Ok i have all the drivers installed except nVidia WDM video capture (universal ) driver...

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

any ideas???

Click on the device, click update driver, let it search the web if need be.

If that doesn't help, it may be a resources issue - if it is a PCI card, try another slot.

edit: get rid of the illicit software - noone respects a thief

:)

ok i reformatted again.
i have gone into the bios and disabled the onboard graphics and set it to initalize the PCI-e divice first.

The computer just restarts or crashes when i try boot into xp before the xp load screen.

If i take out the card it will boot fine into xp using onboard graphics.
Anyone know whats up???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back