OS Order in Mandrake's Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Mandrake's OS loader (I think it's a graphical version of LILO), there is a list of operating systems. By default, Linux is the first item in the list, and will be loaded if nothing is selected within a few seconds.

How can I change it so that Win2000 is the first item in the list and will load by default unless I select Linux? How can I change the time limit also?

I tried moving around the entries in /etc/lilo.conf, however that doesn't change anything.

Thanks

If it's LILO, check /etc/lilo.conf. If it's GRUB, check /etc/grub.conf (or whatever the respective configuration files may be). You just change the order of the OS entries in the file and change the default setting accordingly.

Remember that you have to run lilo manually once to make the new settings stick.

The time limit is specified in the line

delay = n

where n = delay in tenths of a second.

The order for operating systems is the order they are listed, the default being the first, which can be overridden with

default = n

where n = name of the image.

Originally posted by Nodsu
Remember that you have to run lilo manually once to make the new settings stick.

You do this by using this command:

/sbin/lilo

as root.

/sbin/lilo -U uninstalls LILO as well, in case you are interested.

And you have to run lilo if you configured LILO. If you are using GRUB, then you don't have to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back