OS Updates page featured @ TechSpot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
We recently made a major update to our 'OS Updates' page which lists recommended patches for Windows XP, 2000, Millennium or 98se users. Indeed a very useful resource that covers some important OS updates which not even WindowsUpdates.com features.

Where possible we have linked to download locations from which you can save the actual files in case you need to apply them at a later date, e.g. due to a re-install.

box.gif

Check OS Updates here.

Theres was 1 thing I noticed about the OS Updates listing...for Win2k it has SP3 to install, doesn't that mean all the updates listed after that are already included in SP3.

I would not need to see updates that are already a part of SP3 and just see updates that are pre-SP4 hotfixes and misc updates.

Now what about Linux? ;) Perhaps P66 should be in charge of that.

Not to mention all the other "alternative" OS's.

Your point is one of scope.

Linux updates are so rapid that its pretty much beyond the scope of a web page to summarize them.

If you want to keep up to date with updates in Linux, install Ximian GNOME.

www.ximian.org

it has a utility called red carpet.

that will keep you up to date....

SnowyC, the updates on the page are SP4 updates. Whenever a service pack comes out (for IE or whatever) I go back over that list & delete any unnecessary ones. As such the Windows 2000 listing has no Pre-SP1, 2 or 3 hotfixes. So no need to worry about installing anything unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back