outlook 2002 and antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soap

i just installed norton corporate 8 after uninstalling version 7.6 and now when i click on a message in outlook it comes up with a message that it cant find c:\program files\NavNT\vpmsece.dll which is the path of the previous version.

does anyone know where outlook keeps this information so i can edit it? i searched the registry but the only reference to the file has the correct path.

thanks

hope thats enough info if not just ask.

ok i found my answer on the symantec website and just in case somebody else finds this....

Situation:
When you start Microsoft Outlook, an error message appears. It states:

"The add-in 'C:\Program Files\NavNT\vpmsece.dll' could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "C:\Program Files\NavNT\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file."

Using the Detect and Repair option, as suggested in the error message, does not solve the problem.

Solution:
This error occurs when Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE) was uninstalled from your computer prior to the installation of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition (Symantec AV).

The default installation directory for Symantec AV 8.0 is: C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Antivirus\

However, Outlook is looking for Vpmsece.dll in the original NAVCE location: C:\Program Files\NavNT\

To solve the problem, search your computer for Extend.dat and delete the file. Extend.dat will be recreated the next time you open Outlook, and the Exchange plug-in will be installed when the first email is opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back