OutLook can send but can't receive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am having a problem with Outlook 2003:
(previouly I had the computer on a domain, but I pulled it off, and put it back on the local machine)
I went through the outlook folder and turned off all of the read only attributes on the outlook files, as they were preventing outlook from running.
Now, I have the email showing up in outlook, with all of her folders and emails.
The Problem is, I can send emails, but when I do send/receive it asks for the email password again, and (aparently) sends the emails, but doesn't receive. No Dialoge box, No Error messages.
Before anyone comments. I verified that the pop email is setup on the server, correctly (she can get her email via mail2web).
Any Suggestions?
John Loucks

Some antivirus programs do their own thing for checking email.
Some reroute it from port 25 to 1025 or 10025, others send it first to localhost 127.0.0.1
And there are more varieties.
What AV are you running?
Could your firewall block incoming email-traffic?

Symantec Antivirus. I disabled it from doing real-time email scanning.
I set up the user's account on a different machine, with the same applications installed, and no problem.... Pretty sure it is not the Symantec though.
John

It's not THE solution, but A solution.
Instead of Outlook, install Mozilla Thunderbird Email and Mozilla Sunbird Calendar.
Together they have the most used functions of Outlook, and they are much safer to boot, as they don't have all the myriad of security holes we have all come to hate!
And while you are at it, install Firefox Browser, if hou have not done so already!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/

PS: I never install Outlook or Outlook Express on my PCs, so I can't give any details.
Save your userdata, and uninstall/install Outlook would be my best guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back