Outlook Express 6 - Email is attaching itself as and html attachment when sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjDaddy

Hi Everyone.
Hope everyone had a happy new year.

I’m just wondering if I could get someone’s assistance or guidance, seeing as I am STUMPED!

I have a computer here that has Windows XP/Sp2 with Microsoft Office 2007 on it. They use Outlook Express as their email client. I just fixed the Spell check on it (2007 office spell check is not compatible with outlook express. that’s another thread hehe). Anyways, the problem is:

When they create/reply/forward any email, the whole contents of itself attaches itself as an html file as well. Its weird, I have never seen this.
I could understand if the email disappears and sends it as an attachment, but that’s what stumps me. The whole email body, message, everything is there along with the attachment.

This computer is a fresh install, everything up to date, virus, etc.

Just wondering if someone has seen this, or knows what the cause of it is.
Thanx again!

Outlook Express is Not part of Office

Open OE
Click on Tools - Options - Send
Go to "mail sending format"
And adjust the settings there

Thanx for the reply!
I realize OE is not part of Office. Just thought I would post the setup, in case it’s another office 2007 flaw.

I will try that again. I’m almost sure I have tried that, along with every other option.

Thanx again! Everyone’s help is MUCHO appreciated!

kimsland said:
Outlook Express is Not part of Office

Open OE
Click on Tools - Options - Send
Go to "mail sending format"
And adjust the settings there

DjDaddy said:
Thanx for the reply!
I realize OE is not part of Office. Just thought I would post the setup, in case it’s another office 2007 flaw.!

That's reasonable

No not a flaw in Office 2007
Other than every install of Office removing OE from the default start menu (as you know)

I agree I don't understand how a fresh install could do that

There may be other issues here

kimsland said:
That's reasonable

No not a flaw in Office 2007
Other than every install of Office removing OE from the default start menu (as you know)

I agree I don't understand how a fresh install could do that

There may be other issues here

hehe... yeah, that's what i was thinking. Good O'l Winblows issues... Oopps, did i say that? I Must of been thinking out loud. I meant to say Windows... ;)
sigh....

kimsland said:
one word
Ubuntu
:)

mmmm..... unix....mmm...linux....mmmm... happy thoughts....:)
sigh... i would LOVE to load it, just they are so USE to their programs, and setups, blah blah blah... its not worth the fight sometimes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back