Outlook Express 6 keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartender802

My outlook express 6 keeps freezing up when I try and get my mail I am running XP. I have tried to run a reapir or IE and OE 6 didn't seem to do the trick. Any ideas?

Does it freeze entirely, or does it just take a painfully long time to load it? Have you ever tried waiting to see if it ever finishes?

Originally posted by Scol
Does it freeze entirely, or does it just take a painfully long time to load it? Have you ever tried waiting to see if it ever finishes?

Sometimes it will load other times it will just have the OE screen sitting on the background and will not do anything

Does your Instant Messenger service automatically start when you run OE? When that was enabled in OE settings, I've had lag issues...

You could try killing all the programs running in the background before you try it if you haven't already.

Or if you have Norton Anitvirus you could try disabling it, that will sometimes cause lag issures.

Originally posted by Scol
Does your Instant Messenger service automatically start when you run OE? When that was enabled in OE settings, I've had lag issues...

Aim boot but never seemed to be an issue

Originally posted by ak_in_charge
You could try killing all the programs running in the background before you try it if you haven't already.

Or if you have Norton Anitvirus you could try disabling it, that will sometimes cause lag issures.

will try that next time it happens

Check OE's options. There may be an option where its automatically starting your default messenger client. Untick this option and untick AIM as your default program. This solved the problems I had with OE on my laptop.

Try backing up your post and mail settings.
Uninstall outlook express
Search for *.dbx files remove all except for your backup.
Reinstall outlook express.
Import your backups

It worked for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back