Outlook Express error 0x800CCC79

Status
Not open for further replies.

kshroben

When trying to send messages that I have in the outbox, I get the following error and the messages are not sent:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'test@hotmail.com' . Subject 'The monthly collection', Account: 'Test (Tiscali)', Server: 'smtp.xxxxxxx.xxx', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to prohibited by administrator', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

I checked the settings on my OE program but they are the way the should be. Could some one help me diagnose this problem? I am able to send messages to the addresses in question from other computerts but not from mine. What gives?

Thank you.

Regards,
kshroben.

Have you tried contacting your ISP or whoever your mail carrier is? They might be able to give you more direct information.

Sometimes the server needs to have the same authentication info for outgoing mail as it does for retrieving mail off the server.

Go into Tools --> Accounts --> Select which account you need to change and click Properties.

Then, under the Servers Tab, check the box for 'My server requires authentication' and make sure that the settings are all correct. Now see if you can email those messages that weren't going through.
SWELL

Error 0x800ccc79

i have tried all of the options after receiving this error and selecting the "my server requires authentication" feature it still doesnt resolve my problem.

i am working for a client of mine and they are trying to send out emails to multiple receipants and now i receive that every time i try to send out even to 10 people

i have contacted the internet provider and they said that the max number of receiptants in a single email is 250 and no more than 1000 in an hours so i know i am within the limits
any hint i would appreciate

Try looking at it from the other end: it's not YOU who has the problem> it's the recipients. It sounds like those you get this message for are over their quota for emails. Until they remove some of the emails on their system, they will not be able to receive new emails and they will then bounce back to you.

Nothing you can do about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back