Outlook Express Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

si007

When I try to get my email, it gets to the part where it says "Downloading message 1 of 5" and then it freezes. I can't even ctrl/alt/delete my way out and have to reset my machine. I've never had a problem with this before and it was working fine yesterday so I'm a bit stumped. I did, however, download a critical updates package from the Windows Me update site last night but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Si
:cool:

Pentium III 933 MHz
Windows Me
512 MB Ram
Abit BX133-Raid Motherboard
Asus V8200 GeForce 3 Ti200
SB Live Value
Direct X 8.1

I'm sure that is probably what happened. Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and check if that newly installed pack is there. I still don't know why anyone uses WinME still. :rolleyes: I'm sure its probably something small too.

I checked in the add/remove programs thing and it wasn't there but then again they never show up there. I take it you're not a fan of Me then :D Do you think I should upgrade to XP? Can I upgrade or would I have to buy the whole thing?

Cheers.

Si

Hmm, lets see, you have ME and want to know if you should upgrade to XP. Of course you should. Unless you like all those problems ME experiences constantly.

Yes you should be able to use the upgrade version of XP.

Ha ha. Point taken :D Although, I've never really had any problems with it. I recently lost one of my non-OS hard drives to techno-cancer so I've been thinking about a total re-install to clean up all the crap that was left behind which I guess I'll have to do if I buy the upgrade anyway. And, would you believe it, Outlook Express has started working fine again. Must be my computers time of the month :D

Cheers for the advice guys :D

Si

LoL. I assume you've checked the windows website for a crack for this problem. I'll do a quick check in a sec.

That's a no to the S3 Diamond Viper. I think I'll take peoples advice and upgrade to XP. I think it's good, once in a while, to start with a clean slate. So, get ready for a few posts from me about XP problems :D

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back