Outlook Express Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

maness112002

I was having no problems sending are recieving email, but one day when I went checked my email it would keep giving the smae error message for sending emails. Please help me. Here is the error message.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'road runner', Server: 'smtp-server.hawaii.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 66.75.160.20 (66.75.160.20:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

Hi

Have you got any antivirus that is scanning the emails as they come in, such as AVG, Norton, Macafee etc.

regards

your server could be having issues at the time. If you haven't changed anything, then you should not worry, try later.

I do have AVG running, but that hasn't caused any problems in the past. Also once it started with the error message 4 days ago, it hasn't stopped. I have even have delete my email accont from outlook and then re-put it through.

Assuming 'road runner', Server: 'smtp-server.hawaii.rr.com' is you and your ISP, that second article I linked to says that Error 10060 means THEY are blocking you because you are trying to direct access another SMTP server.

Contact your ISP - ask.

I am visting my parents who do not have Road Runner, am I am using there wireless internet to access my account, but my mom also just added me to her bellsouth account.

Sorry -all that means nothing to me - I just gave you the info I could find.

:)

maness112002 said:
I am visting my parents who do not have Road Runner, am I am using there wireless internet to access my account, but my mom also just added me to her bellsouth account.
THIS WILL NOT WORK.
This is the backdoor that allows email spam.
Login to the webmail version and send from there.

It's a real pain but your SMTP host on roadrunner is not the first SMTP server
being accesses -- (that's the one your parents use) -- and this occurs solely
due to port 25 being trapped by the ISP. This is known as a Mail Relay and
almost everyone blocks (or should block) this kind of email send configuration.

jobeard: should: 'THEY are blocking you because you are trying to direct access another SMTP server.'

be changed to: THEY are blocking you because you are trying to direct access to/from another SMTP server.

maness112002 said:
fine and good, but to use this
pop3/smtp on this ISP, you will need:
a) a new email address relative to that ISP and
b) reconfigure your email reader to that specific SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back