Outlook - New mail not showing until

Status
Not open for further replies.
An annoying problem that I've seen previously and can't remember how to fix:

When outlook is set to check for new mail every two minutes, even after the new mail arrives, it doesn't show up until you click on another folder or message and then click back to the inbox.

Has anyone else seen this?

I've seen this before. All you have to do is hit refresh. I'm not sure what causes it, but that's how you fix it.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Yeah I see this with two of my users and F5 nor F9 will not work.

Tedster recommends Mozilla product, laugh, nothing like making your own corporate policies and koodos if you get that to work with an Exchange server. :rolleyes:

I think we need someone who has actually fixed the problem to post here.

-jerkfaced

I automatically assumed he had a problem on his personal computer. Few post problems here on corporate systems.

BTW- I use mozilla on my government computer.

... xyz recommends Mozilla product, ... laugh

That's right; lot's of people do too :zzz:

I have not seen Outlook do that in a non-exchange environment but I imagine it is possible. I would use mozilla product wherever possible otherwise. I wish people would quit coding MS so much, too many of the necessary websites I use are non functional yet unless I use MS. Boo to that.

:chef: I'd love to cook up some salty balls for everyone in Redmond

It is likely the XP firewall - you must set up an exception for outlook or turn it off ...

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed {and hence clamorous to be led to safety } by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

H.L. Mencken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back