Outlook security limits access of my mailing program to 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
W XP Pro SP2
Office 2003
ACT! 2003 (Ver. 6)
Norton System Works 2005 for Anti-virus

I use ACT Contact Management Software for all my email.

It uses Outlook as the email engine for sending my email. Outlook has a security feature that prevents any other program from accessing it for more than 10 minutes at a time to prevent a worm from accessing your addresses. I store no addresses in ACT. I store info only in ACT.

I understand the reason behind this measure, but I need to either disable it or at least extend the time to 1 hour or so. Where do I go to change the settings?

Dennis

Dennis,

It looks like ClickYes Pro would be of help to you. A friend of mine used this software to stop that annoying outlook warnings.

Take care,
Lion

dennis2115 said:
W XP Pro SP2
Office 2003
ACT! 2003 (Ver. 6)
Norton System Works 2005 for Anti-virus

I use ACT Contact Management Software for all my email.

It uses Outlook as the email engine for sending my email. Outlook has a security feature that prevents any other program from accessing it for more than 10 minutes at a time to prevent a worm from accessing your addresses. I store no addresses in ACT. I store info only in ACT.

I understand the reason behind this measure, but I need to either disable it or at least extend the time to 1 hour or so. Where do I go to change the settings?

Dennis

Someone else mentioned that program and it worked beautifully. However, I have now upgraded to ACT 7 and it isn't needed any longer.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back