Outlook still not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacchus-

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, I have deleted folders.dbx (in fact, I have now deleted all files in that folder -- they were all .dbx files) and the problem still isn't fixed. Strangely, nothing has changed.

It's a mystery.

Clay

---

lisalisa01-21-2004, 06:40 AM
All of a sudden I can't delete my messages! I have tried it every way but Outlook refuses. Any help is appreciated -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dreslough02-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I was wondering if someone could post the fix, because I'm suffering from the same bug as "lisalisa".

Everytime I try to delete ANY message in Outlook (including those in my 'spam' or 'deleted' or 'sent' folders) I get the message that Outlook returned an unknown error and that I need to restart Outlook.

Needless to say, I have restarted Outlook (and my computer) several times, to no avail.

I have also tried Detect and Repair. No luck.

Thanks!

Clay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bacchus04-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Dreslough
Your Outlook Express problems may be fixed thus:
Ensure that OE is closed
Navigate to a folder called 'folders.dbx'. This will be located in your identity folder in the OE folder. The location will depend on your OS.
Delete folders.dbx
Open Outlook Express.
Folders.dbx manages the inbox, outbox etc folders in OE. On occasion it becomes corrupted, causing,among others, the symptoms you describe.

:suspiciou

Sound like you will need your windows os update.

you should download and install the Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and along with the patches from microsoft.

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back