Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV30

I don't know what the problem with it is, it just starts, shows the interface for half a second that closes. Any ideas?

Hmm, uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled, works just fine now. Great reinstall program kept all of the settings and email as well. :) Guess it might have been the service pack for Office, any ideas?

I had problems with my Office XP just like that, I found that it was because in XP Pro you can only use Windows Messenger and not MSN Messenger which is what I had installed. So it could be something to do with your messenger service, if not, I am all out of ideas.

Hmm, OK thanks. I think I'll stay without the SP, MSN Messenger is version 5, and Windows Messenger is version 4.7, correct?

I believe so. When I uninstalled MSN Messenger, it did not fix the problem, as there were still registry entries for msmsgs. So I did a search and removed them and it fixed the problem. So did you have either of the messenger services installed?
BTW, I don't think the SP will have anything to do with it, as I have all updates for my Office software installed and encounter no problems.

I have both. I'll try uninstalling MSN, and removing those reg entries like you said. I did like 5.0 though, seemed to make file transfers for people behind firewalls (like me) work.

Well, I keep getting Error 1328: Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PT2DC.tmp. This happened before, and I think that it's the problem with it. So I stopped the SP1 install and it still works fine without it. Although I'd like the SP.

Interesting, I didn't see that; now that you mention it, I can't really remember getting such an error message. I can't think of anything at the moment, your best bet would be to contact Microsoft Knowledgebase, unless anyone else has any ideas?

My apologies, while I was posting it seems Nic has found the solution to your problem. I would have deleted my last post, but for some unknown reason, I cannot access the edit page :( . If a mod would be willing to delete that for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I am referring to the post in which I give a link to MS Knowledgebase, Thanks.

Hmm, looking up MSs info, it seems that because I have a non-legit copy (I know, shame on me) it will exhibit that behaviour automatically. So thanks for all the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back