outlook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soap

im currently in the process of installing windows xp on a harddrive i was given last week to replace this one...

im up to setting up outlook and was wondering if its possible to bring all my settings, emails and contacts over from my old drive?

they both have outlook xp, the only difference is the old drive has 2000 pro and this one is xp pro.

thanks.

Try using the Import & Export wizard from the file menu in Outlook XP. This will work providing you have access to your old drive.

If you'd prefer to backup to a file instead, then the following backup utilities will do it for you ...

Genie Backup

You can download the trial version, and uninstall later if you don't wish to purchase the software.

I concur on the export thing, although I must say that its a horrible interface to do that in. It doesnt' remember how you did it last time (you most likely want to export inbox and at least 1 other folder, but for the other it doesnt' remember what you last used for an export format). It also doesn't keep up with the times, it goes by alphatebitcal order *yes I spelled it wrong* so you are by default expected to use ACT 2.x or something. So its a major pain to get it to export in some format that makes sense, such as comma seperated values for windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back