Outpost Firewall advice...version 3 has bugs? Input requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

I was about to purchase the latest version of outpost when I had seen a website that blasted version 3 for bugs (this was pretty recent). I had done some websearching and can't find anything on stability issues. i'm currently running the trial version and haven't had a problem with it. Can anyone comment on this?

Been running Agnitum's Outpost Pro for nearly 4 years now. You won't find any better!
My current version is: Outpost Firewall Pro ver. 3.0.543.5722 (431)
and I have not had a single problem!

thanks for the feedback. as you seem to be one of the big security gurus around here, I"ll take what you said to heart. In fact, I just bought it and noticed that it's only good for a year before I have buy it again. What's up with that? Are all firewalls doing that now? I thought that was kind of bogus, but I guess people have to make money somehow.

That's right, it's only for a year, but it's money well spent!
They supply you also with fairly regular updates, which are free for 'subscribers'.
In February 2006, v3.5 will be coming out, which you will get free also.

I use the free AVG antivirus, and together they do an excellent job.
Mind you, I'm also protected by the firewall in my router (and have switched off that useless XP-firewall).

well, that's exactly what my setup is too. i was suckered into mcafee virus/firewall setup and found it was a nightmare. i believe it was one of your recommendations that led me to find AVG a while back. i was going to use sygate until the bastards at symantec bought it out.

I have an actiontec gateway router (1524) and I"m not sure if it provides firewall protection. do they all provide a hard firewall to some degree? how do I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back