Overclock on DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

z28spd

I'm trying to overclock an AMD64 3200+ on the DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D mobo. I can't figure out how to up the CPU voltage. Anyone know how? I have it clocked to 2.25GHz on 1.376v. It's Genie BIOS and the vcore is not accessible. Is there a multiplier of some sort?

it's not a multiplier. the BIOS on the lanparty boards list the VCORE as "VID" (voltage ID)

the setting that says CPU VID control is the standard incremental voltage adjustment. the setting that says CPU VID special control is a percentage based voltage adjustment beyond the incremental adjustement.

I have not used that board, but a quick google search answered that question pretty easily.

good luck :)

ok that is what i thought it was. I turned up the voltage up to 1.55v and couldnt get the FSB up and boot past the windows load screen. Why is that?

below is my cpu-z

wait so u went from 1.37 all the way up to 1.5? thats a huge step its suggested that you take small steps in voltage increases for overclocks. also does that board have an (auto) function for the voltage because my ASUS a8n-sli Premium does and it does the voltage for me i was able to overclock my Opteron 144 from 1.8 all the way to 2.6 on stock cooling and it did everything for me basically even the memory voltage

there is no FSB on amd64 cpus. they use a htt instead. what were you hoping to achieve by rasing the voltage? there is prolly something else holding back your o/c like your ram or something

i have seen when searching the web people overclocking to 2.7 on like 1.4v with value type ram and leaving the ram untouched. I have 2 sticks of Corsair VS512MB400 which is 1GB of PC3200 DDR400. Some of their cheaper stuff. I didnt go from the 1.37v straight to the 1.5v lol. I tried different settings and could not get above 2.25Ghz, thats with the FSB of 225, multiplier 10, 1.37v.

My BIOS is the Genie BIOS. in it i have options for CPU VID Startup value, CPU VID control, and CPU VID special control

every component has its limits. don't just assume that your processor can achieve the same overclocks as others.

a couple things to not however. i hope you have a quality power supply, stable voltage and consistent amperage is very important for overclocking.

also, I'm not sure how that mobo sets it, but you need to make sure you keep the HTT frequency as close to 2000MHz as possible. most boards use a HTT multiplier (do not confuse this with the CPU multiplier). for example, you have a 3200+ with a default system BUS of 200MHz, a CPU multiplier of 10, and a HTT multiplier of 5. this HTT multi of 5 gives the 1000MHz (DDR makes it 2000MHz). when you raised the BUS from 200 to 225 you also changed the HTT speed from 1000MHz to 1125MHz. if you raise the BUS to 250 and change the HTT multi to 4, you will have overclocked your processor to 2.5GHz and left the HTT at 1000MHz (2000MHz DDR)

"mod-newbie" is right about the FSB... post-socket-A processors use a hypertransport BUS instead of a FSB (some motherboards will still refer to the system BUS as a FSB, I don't know why). so what I referred to as "BUS" or "system BUS", your mobo may rfefer to it as FSB.

I think if you lower your HTT multiplier, you will be able to get your overclock much higher.

don't just raise your voltage for the hell of it, that is unless you like fried processors for breakfast ;). you want to leave it at default voltage, overclock as high as you can, then raise the voltage in small increments to stablilize your overclock.

i changed the HTT to 4.0x and got it to overlock to 2.3 but thats as high as i could get it. Turned up the voltage a little bit to go to 2.35 and couldnt get into windows. Windows would load but right after the loading screen the BSOD appears and reboots. What else am I doing wrong. MAny people have got this exact chip to 2.7 easy on crappy samsung ram, stock air cooling, no memory oc.

well thats pretty good but keep in mind that these processors while sometimes good overclockers arent built to be oc'ed or take the punishment as much as the server chips such as Opterons and so on. Servers do much more work so thats why the chips need to be stronger so to speak

it's probably your RAM settings holding you back now. your RAM probably can't handle running much higher than 200MHz at it's default timings.

you can either loosen the timings or change the memory ratio/divider to bring the RAM operating speed back down to 200MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back