Overclock problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer~freak~

hello,
I recently overclocked my E6400 to 3.00Ghz and ran some benchmarks and I noticed that the overall results were poorer than my 2.4ghz overclock and know its killing me not knowing why the results are poorer on the higher overclock

System specs:
Mobo:Gigabyte 965P-DQ6
Proccesor:Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.1ghz stock)
Ram/Memory:OCZ Platinum edition 6400 (800mhz) dual channel (2x512mb)
PSU:Ultra X Connect 500wat

I'm assuming there isnt a bottle neck problem with these processors as there were with the old p4 models, or maybe I'm wrong. Not sure

well when i purchased this processor i did some homework on it and i didnt read any article or forum that said anything about a bottle neck problem.

what are the timings on your ram, try switching them up then overclocking, I find with some ram kits when you overclock you need to increase the timings some to compensate for stability

What benchmarks did you run? If you ran memory bandwidth, nothing would have changed, or it may have gotten lower. Also, if you ran video benchmarks, they wouldn't have been THAT much higher because that's more dependant on the video card. What may have happened also, is that you increased the system bus, and then the motherboard automatically decreased the multiplier so instead of having 430x7 = 3010MHz, you might have had 430x4 = 1720 MHz or even 430x3 = 1290MHz.

i ran all the benchmarks avalible in the program named "performance test" this can be found in the download section and i was doin some home work on if the core 2 duos get bottle necked and they do when the multiplyer is set to x8 it is suggested that it is set to x7 ...................... a DQ9???? theres no such thing lol

Ive just overclocked it using the x7 multiplyer and it is making a giant dinfrence in the benchmark results thx 4 ur suggestions MetalX and Supersmashbrada on mabye it was being bottle necked ! i finaly found wat was going wrong with the overclock..............lol a DQ9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back